Everyone has their favorite chair. The one that just feels right. The one we’ve sat in for years, that just seems to form around us. For many, our office chair is the one that matches all the others or even worse, is the one that was at your desk when you started.
Here are a few tips to help make your office chair a little more comfortable:
1) Sit Right! Sit up, sit straight, with your feet on the floor. Proper posture can alleviate many uncomfortable sitting positions. Before you check the chair… check yourself.
2) Adjust the chair for you. How often do you sit down and start reading emails? Take a few minutes to tweak all the adjustments; height, seat, arms and back. Daily usage can knock these adjustments out of alignment.
3) Add back support. You can purchase a that attaches to the back of the chair. This support is designed to fit the curvature of your back and support your back where you need it. This support can also provide more padding. Many high-end office chairs, like Freedom Task Chair or Ergo Elite Mid Back Chair, have adjustable lumbar support build into the design of the chair.
4) Add a footrest under your desk. Adding a footrest can keep your feet in a proper sitting position. Keeping your feet in the proper position can help with your posture, circulation and keep your back aligned.
5) Tempur-Pedic® Chairs. Not only are you in control, but in style, too
TEMPUR material works in complement with Raynor’s innovative spring technology to give you a chair that responds to your body’s every move. Also equipped with Outlast cooling technology to regulate your skin temperature and reduce uncomfortable perspiration.
The TEMPUR® material contours to the unique shape of your body, assuring you comfort and support throughout the day. It’s a chair that works with you, instead of against you. A luxurious leather finish creates a contemporary, sleek look that dresses up any office or conference room. Chairs with TEMPUR® material totally get you. As you sit, the cushion adjusts to your unique body contours for a customized sitting experience. When you get up, the chair returns to its original shape.
6) Adjustable Arms.
This is one area that is often overlooked, but adjustable arms can provide support to your arms to prevent tight shoulder muscles.
7) Is the chair designed for you? No two people are the same. If you are tall or carrying a few
extra pounds, there are chairs designed to for you. These chairs have larger cylinders, wider seats and more distance between the arm pads. Executive Big Man’s Chair is a great example of this chair with thick padded contour back with built-in lumbar support.
8) Replace your Chair. If you’ve tried everything on this list and still can’t find a comfortable adjustment, maybe it’s time for a new chair. Expect to spend a few hundred dollars for a good chair.
Adjustable height desk or Sit and Stand desktop solutions:
Instead of sitting all day you may want to adjust your workstation. Adjustable height workstations can be adjusted depending on the project you are working on. This allows you to sit-to-stand while you work.
The more comfortable you are, the more productive you will be… right?! Taking small breaks to get up and move are also beneficial to your health. If you are looking for a new office chair, contact one of our Broadway Office Furniture consultants to help you find the perfect fit.